Course Code: AFT02
This one day Adobe Illustrator Fashion design course was developed in conjunction with industry experts specifically for the needs of fashion and textile designers. It concentrates on the repeating pattern and drawing capabilities of illustrator. It would also be useful for tile designers or for anyone interested in learning how to create incredible repeating patterns with Illustrator.
Completing this Adobe Illustrator Fashion design course will enable you to do the following and more:
- Create professional fashion specs for pattern cutting
- Create custom brushes for buckles, straps, zips and stitching
- Turn your artwork into stunning repeat patterns
- Effectively manage pattern swatches
- Professionally manage colour and colour swatches
- Use offset paths for making accurate stitch guides
- Overview of Adobe Illustrator
- Creating shapes
- Object transformation
- Using Layers
- Creating Paterns from existing artwork
- Working with repeating / tiling patterns
- Scale and rotate patterns
- Editing patterns
- Using the Appearance Panel
- Using brushes to create stitches, straps, buckles, zips
- Drawing flats and apparel
- Working with clipping masks
- Creating offset paths for stitch lines
- Live trace drawings
- Export and output options
Platform’s Adobe Illustrator Fashion and Textile Design course is suitable for users who already have at least a basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator. You may wish to consider one-to-one training or one of the other Adobe Illustrator courses we run at platform 39's London design studios: Adobe Illustrator Introduction or Adobe Illustrator Intermediate.
We offer this course in live online format for you to participate from your home or your office. We also run classroom based courses at our London studios. Whichever mode you choose you can be assured that all other attendees will be attending in the same mode as you.
To book a (live) online course and learn from home click on the 'Online' tab above. To book a classroom based course, at our studios, click on the 'Classroom' tab above.
If you have any questions about our Adobe Illustrator Fashion Design course please send us a message using our contact page and we will reply to you as soon as possible - or call us on 0203 3974567.
Book an online place
These courses are delivered live and online using Zoom. To participate you will need a reliable broadband internet connection and a copy of the software already installed on your computer.
Book a classroom place
These courses are delivered at our London studios. You do not need to bring anything with you as all equipment is provided. You can choose to use Windows or Mac when you book.