Course Code: WWP01
Our WordPress course is taught by a professional web developer. WordPress is the world's favourite blogging platform, but can also be used as a flexible content management system on which to build highly functional self-hosted websites. This comprehensive one day course will enable you to build your own WordPress web site either from scratch or by editing existing templates. You may also be interested in our HTML and CSS Course
Completing this WordPress course will enable you to do the following and more:
- Setting up a WordPress local development environment
- Manage MySQL databases
- Install and configure WordPress
- Build user friendly menu and navigation systems
- Install and manage WordPress themes
- Create SEO friendly pages and posts
- Edit and format text
- Control page layout with the Gutenberg block editor
- Customise the appearance and functions of WordPress themes
- Overview of WordPress
- Setting up a local development environment
- Managing MySQL databases with PHPMyAdmin
- Installing WordPress
- Overview of the interface and the dashboard
- Adding users and assigning different user roles
- Setting up reading and post options
- Creating, adding, updating and assigning menus
- Creating SEO friendly URLs
- Creating and editing WordPress pages and posts
- How WordPress pages are structured
- Using the Gutenberg block editor
- How a theme is structured
- Building the sidebar
- Creating a custom home page
- Installing a theme
- Activating & deactivating themes
- Editing Themes and Templates
- How templates pages fit into the WordPress structure
This beginners WordPress short course is suitable for anyone with basic PC or Mac skills.
We offer this course in live online format for you to participate from your home or your office. We also run classroom based courses at our London studios. Whichever mode you choose you can be assured that all other attendees will be attending in the same mode as you.
To book a (live) online course and learn from home click on the 'Online' tab above. To book a classroom based course, at our studios, click on the 'Classroom' tab above.
If you have any questions about our WordPress Essentials course please send us a message using our contact page and we will reply to you as soon as possible - or call us on 0203 3974567.
Book an online place
These courses are delivered live and online using Zoom. To participate you will need a reliable broadband internet connection and a copy of the software already installed on your computer.
Book a classroom place
These courses are delivered at our London studios. You do not need to bring anything with you as all equipment is provided. You can choose to use Windows or Mac when you book.