Course Code: WHC01
Our one day beginner's HTML and CSS course provides an easy to follow, hands-on introduction to HTML and CSS, the basic coding languages which drive the internet. Participants will learn how to create an attractive and well-structured web page. This workshop is highly recommended for anyone wishing to learn how to create websites or how to edit HTML newsletters. It will also be beneficial for people who already use a content management system such as WordPress and need more control over their web output.
Completing this HTML course will enable you to do the following and more:
- Understand how HTML and CSS function
- Use standard elements such as hyperlinks, DIVs, forms and lists
- Create standards compliant web pages and sites
- Use professional developer tools
- Be aware of search engine optomisation practices
- Be comfortable editing and updating existing webpages
- What are HTML and CSS and how do they work together?
- Basic elements and how to create hyperlinks
- Working with images
- Using DIVs, forms and lists
- Page structure
- Using Cascading Style Sheets to control the layout and look of HTML elements
- Using Developer Tools to preview CSS changes
- How and when to use Inline CSS
- Creating code that is both readable, compliant with HTML5 standards and good for SEO.
Our HTML and CSS Introductory short course is ideal for beginners. This workshop is suitable for anyone with basic PC or Mac skills who wants to understand how the web works. No previous knowledge or experience of HTML or CSS is necessary.
We offer this course in live online format for you to participate from your home or your office. We also run classroom based courses at our London studios. Whichever mode you choose you can be assured that all other attendees will be attending in the same mode as you.
To book a (live) online course and learn from home click on the 'Online' tab above. To book a classroom based course, at our studios, click on the 'Classroom' tab above.
If you have any questions about our HTML and CSS Essentials course please send us a message using our contact page and we will reply to you as soon as possible - or call us on 0203 3974567.
Book an online place
These courses are delivered live and online using Zoom. To participate you will need a reliable broadband internet connection and a copy of the software already installed on your computer.
Book a classroom place
These courses are delivered at our London studios. You do not need to bring anything with you as all equipment is provided. You can choose to use Windows or Mac when you book.